The MASS DESTRUCTION is a high performance grom board designed specifically for groms taking their competitive surfing to the ultimate level.
Gav took THE ELITE model and modified it into a high performance grom board.
The design came about from Gav seeing groms free surfing and competitive surfing around Australia and abroad, where he saw their standard grom boards just weren’t keeping up with their new and progressive style of surfing. Groms are doing things these days that they weren’t doing 5 years ago.
Prior to the introduction of the MASS DESTRUCTION, the normal progression of performance surfboards from grom to young adult was THE CUB followed by either THE ELITE or the J-FORCE. However, given the surfing ability of young surfers these days is increasing faster than their age, we had to add a model into our range to assist these groms in their progression, so they don’t lose momentum and keep taking their surfing to new heights.
And so the MASS DESTRUCTION was born … the perfect stepping stone between THE CUB and THE ELITE/J-FORCE, for those competing groms pushing their surfing ability each and every time they step into the water.
The MASS DESTRUCTION has already proven itself to be a winner:
- Australian 1-DA Team Rider Matt Boyle winning the 2020 Woolworths QLD State Junior Surfing Titles, 2019 U16 Boys Qld State School Championships, 2019 14&U Boys Billabong Parko’s Grom Stomp and 2019 U16 All Stars Australian Championship at the Surf Dive n Ski Australian Junior Surfing Titles;
- New Zealand 1-DA Evolving Team Rider Natasha Gouldsbury winning the 2020 U16 Girls Billabong Grom Series (NZ), 2019 U16 Girls Health 2000 National Surfing Championships and 2019 U16 Girls NZ National Scholastic Championships;
- Australian 1-DA Team Rider Josh Boule winning the winning the 2019 AirAsia Air Show at the Hydralyte Sports Shoalhaven Pro Junior, and 2019 & 2018 U19 Boys Qld State School Championships;
- Gold Coast Surfer Chez Bos winning the 2019 12&U Boys Rip Curl Grom Search National Final and 2019 U14 Boyls Woolworths QLD State Grommet Surfing Titles Series; and
- Argentinian Pro Surfer Josefina Ane winning the QS 1,000 in South Africa in April 2018 and the Argentina National Surfing Championship in 2018.
4′ 11″ x 17″ x 1 15/16″ (16.1L)
5′ 0″ x 17 1/8″ x 2″ (17.0L)
5′ 1″ x 17 1/4″ x 2″ (17.4L)
5′ 2″ x 17 3/8″ x 2″ (18.0L)
5′ 3″ x 17 1/2″ x 2 1/16″ (19.1L)
5′ 4″ x 17 5/8″ x 2 1/16″ (19.5L)
5′ 5″ x 17 3/4″ x 2 1/16″ (19.9L)
5′ 6″ x 17 7/8″ x 2 1/8″ (21.0L)
5′ 7″ x 18″ x 2 1/8″ (21.5L)
5′ 8″ x 18 1/8″ x 2 1/8″ (22.0L)
5′ 9″ x 18 1/4″ x 2 3/16″ (23.2L)
5′ 10″ x 18 3/8″ x 2 3/16″ (23.7L)
See EPOXY page for full details and images.
EPS foam with wooden stringer and epoxy glassing.
1-DA EXCLUSIVE EPOXY
Our 1-DA EXCLUSIVE EPOXY technology is the 1st composite stringer tech surfboard to WIN a WSL event! Read about it HERE.
EPS foam with special stringer, epoxy glassing, bottom stringer strip and tail patch. We use a special light composite stringer designed specifically for structures subjected to slamming and shock loads. The stringer’s composite material includes characteristics such as low water absorption, superior damage tolerance and excellent fatigue properties enhancing the surfboard’s flex.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
Need some guidance about the right board for you? Take advantage of a FREE Private Consultation with our World-Class Shaper GAVIN UPSON when ordering your new 1-DA Shapes surfboard.
Appointments can be attended:
- in person at our Tweed Heads premises; or
- by Facebook Video Chat; or
- by Telephone.